Contents

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Books about Tango

ABRAZOS books is a publishing house with headquarters in Germany. Its objective is to promote Latin American literature - with a special emphasis on Argentinean culture - and to make it accessible to readers all over the world. In a process of steady expansion, ABRAZOS books is presenting a series on tango music and the teaching of tango as well as about Argentina. This collection has published titles in German, English, Italian, Spanish and French, while more titles in the mentioned languages are being prepared.
If culture constitutes the lifestyle of a people, the book is the natural means to communicate such a given culture to the other cultures, and thus be the bond, the necessary link between the present and past generations and those to come.
Jorge Luis Borges once said, "I pretend that I am not blind and keep on bringing books into my house. Although I fail to see those books I can feel their friendly gravitation all around me". It is precisely that friendship of books and the magical world of their authors what ABRAZOS books intends to pass on to its readers.

No comments: